Sunday, September 19, 2021

My 10 computer skills learning during COVID-19

What skills I learned during COVID-19. 

I am restricting only to computer related skills. 

1. VBA. I had learned it already. Starting using it again and improved my VBA skills a bit.
2. Python 2.7. I learned it on Ubuntu with its built-in all purpose editor. 
3. Linux and writing shell scripts on Ubuntu. Also learned to upgrade Ubuntu version. 
4. Python3. I bought a new Windows laptop and learned the entire Data Science Stack. Key components were pandas, Matplotlib. 
5. Excel power query. Learned "M" language. 
6. Power BI. Learned DAX expression language. 
7. Power Shell and its scripts. 
8. MacOS. Learning the new MacOS. 
9. 2FA. Setting up two factor authentication, on all important web accounts, which is must these days. 
10. Google App scripts. I started it in 2015, but couldn't take it forward. I started it again. I wrote a script yesterday to create calendar entries from Google Sheets. 

The real challenge is what do I do with it? I am working on finding the answer. 


No comments: